The multi-tasker's handwash
Handsinks are plentiful in healthcare facilities. They seem like they are everywhere until you need one and you:
- don’t want to leave the patient’s bedside.
- want to complete a conversation at the nurse’s station.
- are pushing a wheelchair and don’t want to leave the patient’s side.
- are on a patio without a handsink.
- are walking down the corridor without time to duck into a restroom.
- want to remain by the phone for an important call.
- are helping out a patient in rehab.
… want to do some deeper cleaning than hand-sanitizers alone can deliver.
A RubScrub™ station simply consists of a hand-sanitizer dispenser and a box of quality paper towels.
Apply a double or triple dose of hand sanitizer. Rub vigorously for 20 seconds. Aggressively wipe dry.
For even greater peace-of-mind, reapply hand-sanitizer following label instructions. This double protocol is known as the SaniTwice® method.
Being a busy multi-tasking caregiver is no excuse for care-less hand hygiene. Attached are 8 different regimens ready to address specific healthcare situations.