The HandsOn™ System establishes risk-based standards and process control to reduce Healthcare Associated Infections, HAIs. Managers get the tools to assess their risk and implement sustainable solutions in protecting residents, patients, staff and visitors.
The Five Structured Steps to Sustainable Solutions
- Assess Risk Identify and rank the at-risk population and the caregiver accountabilities. Rank surfaces at highest risk for cross-contamination.
- Set Safe Level Standards Establish clear standards for individual and team level success.
- Optimize Insure the Conditions for Success are in place before training. If compliance isn't convenient and isn't user friendly, it isn't done.
- Train & Motivate Convert to a culture of cleanliness. This step intoduces best practice tools, techniques and materials to motivate behavior change.
- Monitor What gets measured and rewarded gets done. Rewarding the good and disciplining the less-than acceptable behaviors are key to sustainability.